Meet the staff at the Delhi Telephone Company.
Click one of the images below to see our staff at work.
The Delhi Telephone Company has been dedicated to providing exceptional communications services to Delhi New York and the surrounding area since it was founded in 1897 by a far sighted local attorney, Stephen F. Adee. Adee believed that the future of the telephone meant rapid growth across the entire nation and the world, providing everyone with the opportunity to communicate with one another efficiently and economically. He envisioned this better communications system should be made available as soon as possible to the people and businesses in the growing Delhi area.
Taking the initiative, he gathered the support of several local investors to launch the Delhi Telephone Company. In the era rural telephone service that was provided through makeshift "farmers' lines" strung up on short poles and fence posts. The phone company started with a total of 124 subscribers and has since grown to nearly 5000 access lines.
The restoration of the Adee house in 1979 was a significant event in the company's history. The renovation was accomplished to provide the current business office space for the modern telephone company.